Daniel Johnston Skate SK8-Hi Shoes
ReviewsRated (4.5) out of (5) stars (Reviews)
This season we have teamed up with Daniel Johnston’s friends, family, and the “Hi, How Are You Project” to inspire new conversations around mental health issues by funding and creating thoughtful media content, projects, and events. We stand in support of their mission to remove the stigma and shame around mental health, so people will feel open to communicate, one conversation at a time.
To raise awareness, we are proud to deliver the Vans x Daniel Johnston Skate Sk8-Hi, featuring Daniel’s iconic cassette tape artwork on elevated suede and 10 oz canvas uppers. In his early songwriting years, Daniel would hand-draw on individual cassettes and give them to friends and strangers. The artwork on this shoe features a checkerboard created from these cassettes, as well as the same lo-fi, gritty execution from Johnston’s unique art.
Standout skate features include the repositioned DURACAP™ reinforced underlays and fully redesigned uppers, combined with a new two-part foxing tape that features a deeper knurl pattern on the toe, to make the Skate Sk8-Hi durable enough to withstand daily skateboarding abuse. For more board control, the new molded heel counter and internal tongue straps lock in your feet. Even the gum rubber sole that made Vans famous has been elevated with the SICKSTICK™ rubber compound to deliver more grip and boardfeel. Plus, POPCUSH™ energy return sockliners provide superior cushioning and impact protection while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer skate sessions. Internal heel stiffeners have also been added to provide more support and stability.
We believe in the power of skateboarding as a form of creative expression, and that it can have a profound impact on mental well-being. Because sometimes skateboarding is about more than just the tricks.
• VANS SKATEBOARDING X DANIEL JOHNSTON COLLECTION: Custom artwork in this collection was inspired by Daniel’s iconic homemade cassette tapes and lo-fi art.
• INCREASED DURABILITY - DURACAP™ reinforced materials, deeper knurl texture on the toe bumpers, and higher sidewall heights provide a more heritage look with increased durability and protection.
• FULLY REDESIGNED UPPERS - Reconstructed with a molded heel counter and internal tongue straps for a locked-in fit and more board control.
• LEGENDARY GRIP - Our new, proprietary SickStickTM gum rubber compound is our stickiest rubber yet.
• POPCUSH CUSHIONING - Our best cushioning and impact protection. POPCUSH™ energy return footbeds protect your feet while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer skate sessions.
In Store Availability
Please enter your "Postal Code" to find stores
STORES - Available as of September 23, 2023 1:02:46 PM EDT